Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Power Problems

On our recent trip to Lake Manawa we had our GFI's pop. This happened midway into our trip and we couldn't get them to reset, the reset button would never hold. I called the tech line on my Coach Net RS and they had me try a couple of things I had already tried and were not any help. Not a HUGE deal just utilized other plugs in our TT until back home on Monday.

I contacted my dealer's service department first thing. When I told the Service guy I had been out this weekend and my GFI had popped and I couldn't get it to reset he came back with this; "Let me guess, you were in Iowa and possibly at Lake Manawa." I told him he should take over for the great CARNAC and asked him how he knew. He told me that sometimes the power in the State parks in IA is a little screwy and will trip the GFI and not allow it to be reset. He said to try it on another power source and he feels it should be fine. AWESOME, now if I had only tried it while I was parked outside my house on Sunday unloading I wouldn't have to go hook up and drag it back to the house this weekend. :-) Live and Learn Baby....

No comments: