Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Winterizing, Storage and Break IN

Well the beast is winterized and knock on wood I did everything right so we wont have any surprises come spring time. The big key is to get all the water out of the plumbing and pump some antifreeze (special RV antifreeze) into the plumbing. A little down each drain of all sinks and tub and a little in the Grey and Black tanks as well as the hot water heater after draining it. It's been parked at home all week since it gives me a little flexibility to work on it a bit here and a bit there.

I wish it was possible to keep it at home but its not and our storage is pretty reasonable. I am curious though as there are a couple in driveways all the time in our subdivision and I know its against the covenants. OH WELL, its probably better kept in our storage facility where its out of the way.

One kind of interesting tidbit is that our storage facility did get broken into about a month ago and the culprits tried to get into a whole bunch of RV's including ours. We had our deadbolt locked so they moved on to others but did manage to break into 4 units and stole a couple of big flat screen TV's. Not real sure I'd keep an expensive flat screen in my camper but if I did I'd definitely keep the dead bolt locked.

An expensive lesson for them.

The police suspect gang activity and some sort of initiation. WHAT the HELL, that's why we chose this location for storage. 159th and Pacific right in the heart of "suburbia". Who'd of thunk it.

Enough rambling for now, next post we'll discuss the new "TV" (tow vehicle) we purchased yesterday... WOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOO...

No comments: