Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Trip 11 - Ponca State Park

Ponca State Park was a GREAT time. We met up with Rob Johnson and his family and had a great time. The weather was cool but not too cool and it was very refreshing.

The Johnsons, our camping friends from Columbus and their kids (with Alyssa above) and their rig below.

We were set up just across the road from them and I was luck enough to be right near a water faucet that had two faucets on it. I hooked up and ran city water all weekend and nobody said anything about it so that was nice.

The fall colors at PSP were very evident and it was a beautiful settting. These two shots were taken walking in the trails that started 30 feet behind our site.





We came across some turkeys on the trail and for all the times I've gone Turkey hunting with Eric this is the time they were close enought that we could have easlily had a nice turkey dinner over the campfire.



Walking back up the trail toward our spot.

Another gorgeous shot of the sunrise on Sunday morning. This doesn't do it justice but it was very inspiring.



Rob turned us on to Dutch Oven cooking and the setup is definately on our Christmas list this year. Here Valerie and Rob discuss the finer points of cooking peach cobbler in the dutch oven. WOW, how AWESOME.

Alyssa and Toby out for a walk.
The CLEMENTS Clan - Taken from the new camera on a 10 second timer.

Our set up at site #38. I'd try for that spot everytime.

I love to fly the flag when camping, some people may call me a dork but its fun. Now I just need a Cubs flag to fly below it and I'd be set.

A very neat "Retro" camper was in the site right next to us.
Ponca was fun and its sad to say but with winter upon us opportunites will be fewer until the spring. BUT, I have no problem going in the snow and it might actually be kind of fun as long as its not below ZERO.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of you trying to explain something to Val! Brad, it don't look like she's buyin' it!